Whether you look in the mirror and long for the plumpness your face had during your younger years or more definition, there is most likely a filler for that. You’ve likely heard of dermal fillers and possibly know people who had great results with fillers.
Often people are surprised to learn that there are so many different formulations of fillers and that each is best for specialized purposes. You may wonder, “What are the different types of Juvederm fillers?”
Juvederm is a leading name in cosmetic injectables, offering products designed to address specific skin concerns. From smoothing out fine lines to enhancing facial contours, there’s a Juvederm product for nearly every aesthetic goal.
Injectables are a game changer if you wonder how to get younger looking skin. In the hands of a skilled injector, they can enhance your bone structure and restore some of the volume and smoothness of youth.
This article is designed to guide you through the various types of Juvederm dermal fillers available. Of course, this article isn’t a substitute for a consultation with a skilled injector like a team of experts at The Skin Center by CPS. The right Juvederm product varies depending on your interests, needs, and aesthetic goals.
Types of Specialized Juvederm Fillers
Juvederm fillers are made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid, naturally occurring in the human body. Its primary function is to absorb water, moisturize, deliver nutrients, and even provide “cushioning” for the joints. This modified hyaluronic acid used in Juvederm fillers is formulated for specific face areas and particular needs.
According to Juvederm, they offer a range of injectable gel options, each serving different needs. These include:
- Juvéderm® Volux™ helps define the jawline and improve moderate to severe volume loss.
- Juvéderm® Voluma™ is used to correct age-related volume loss in the cheek area and to augment the chin region.
- Juvéderm® Vollure™, Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC, and Juvéderm® Ultra™ XC improve or correct facial wrinkles and folds like nasolabial folds.
- Juvéderm® Ultra™ injectable gel is also used for lip augmentation.
- Juvéderm® Volbella™ is primarily used for lip augmentation and correction of perioral lines around the lips. It’s also injected into the under-eye hollows.
- Skinvive by Juvéderm® is injected into the cheeks to help improve skin quality, smoothness, and radiance.
You may have noticed that many skin care products contain hyaluronic acid for its moisturizing benefits. This ingredient delivers even better results when injected into the skin. The FDA approved Juvederm’s dermal fillers for safety and efficacy within the guidelines and purposes for each product.
Does all this sound overwhelming? It can be when you are choosing the product for your goal. This is why it’s best to leave it to the experts.
With the continuous advancements being made, unless you are an aesthetic professional, keeping up with all the injectables and other non-invasive skincare treatment options is nearly impossible.
Choosing the Right Juvéderm® Treatment
As mentioned, if you opt for dermal injectables, choosing the correct Juvederm treatment is a crucial first step toward achieving your aesthetic goals. This decision should be made in consultation with a skilled specialist who can guide you based on your unique skin concerns, desired results, and overall health.
Here are a few tips to consider during your consultation:
- Identify Your Goals: Before choosing the right treatment, you must clearly understand what you want to achieve. Are you looking to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines, restore lost volume, or enhance your facial contours? Your goals will guide your choice of treatment.
- Understand the Different Options: Juvéderm® offers a range of products, each designed to address specific skin concerns. Your specialist will take the time to help you identify which of these options may be the right fit for you.
- Consider Your Health: Juvéderm® fillers are generally safe but may not be suitable for everyone. Be sure to discuss your medical history with your specialist, including any allergies or skin conditions, to ensure the treatment is safe.
- Book a Consultation with a Licensed Specialist: This is perhaps the most crucial step. A licensed, skilled specialist can assess your skin, understand your goals, and recommend the most suitable treatment. They can also answer any questions you may have and give you a realistic idea of what to expect from the treatment.
Navigating these personal choices can be daunting, but you will feel happiest with your results when you use the right filler. Feel free to do a little research on Botox vs dermal fillers before making a decision.
By taking the time to choose the proper Juvederm treatment and understanding what are the different types of Juvederm fillers, you’re taking a big step toward achieving this goal.
Book a Consultation to Learn Which Juvederm Filler is Best for You
While each consultation varies depending on the person, here are a few things your specialist may want to discuss with you:
- Medical History Review: Inform your specialist about your general health and lifestyle. They will review your medical history, including allergies, skin conditions, and previous cosmetic procedures. They’ll also need to know about any medications you’re currently taking to avoid adverse reactions.
- Facial Assessment: The specialist will examine your face, focusing on the areas you want to correct. They’ll assess your skin’s elasticity, volume loss, and the depth of your wrinkles and folds.
- Discussion of Goals and Options: You’ll discuss your aesthetic goals with the specialist. They’ll explain the different types of Juvéderm® fillers and how they can address your specific concerns. They’ll also discuss potential risks and side effects, especially if you have underlying conditions that may increase the likelihood of side effects.
- Personalized Treatment: The specialist will map the injection points specifically tailored to your goals based on your goals and their assessment.
- Advice on preparing and maintaining results: Your results may last months, sometimes six months, or longer. Take the opportunity to talk with your specialist about how to keep your results best.
Remember, a consultation is your opportunity to ask questions such as what are the different types of Juvederm fillers. So, come prepared with anything you want to know. It’s all about ensuring you’re comfortable and confident with the treatment plan. In addition, we offer dermal fillers for men.
So, ready to take the next step toward a more youthful appearance? The Skin Center by CPS is waiting to guide you on your journey. Contact The Skin Center by CPS to book an appointment with one of our specialists.