If you are searching for Sculptra Charlotte NC then chances are you are looking for a minimally invasive treatment leading to younger-looking skin.
Sculptra is an injectable cosmetic filler used to stimulate collagen production eventually restoring facial volume lost through fat loss and aging. It contains poly-L-lactic acid which is a biocompatible synthetic substance that can stimulate collagen production.
How Sculptra Works
Collagen is a naturally occurring protein that contributes to the supple skin associated with youth. As we age, collagen production slows and the skin loses elasticity and develops sags. In addition, the face loses volume, resulting in hollows in the cheeks, under the eyes, and elsewhere.
The FDA has approved multiple dermal fillers that smooth wrinkles by filling in the face. One thing that differentiates Sculptra is that it also stimulates collagen production. Some see results from Sculptra a few days after but the full results may take a few weeks to develop.
Similarly, many see results from a single treatment, more often a treatment plan involves a series of injections over months. Results from Sculptra injections last around two years. It is also important to note that Sculptra differs from other fillers in that it cannot be removed. So we recommend this injectable to those familiar or experienced with fillers and know they will be happy with the results.
People are sometimes surprised to learn that Sculptra was originally approved by the FDA for people who are HIV positive in 2004. It is used for restoration following lipoatrophy, which causes fat loss in the face that leads to the appearance of sunken cheeks as well as deep folds and indentations.
Sculptra injections contain Poly-L-lactic acid which is a synthetic material that doctors have used for decades for medical uses including soft tissue implants as well as dissolvable stitches.
In 2009, under the brand name “Sculptra Aesthetic” it was approved as a treatment for deep folds and wrinkles for people with healthy immune systems.
Sculptra may be used to treat the following areas:
- Marionette lines
- Sunken cheeks
- A jawline that has lost definition
- Hollowed temples
- Wrinkles near the eyes
- Smile lines
Benefits of Sculptra Injections Include:
- It is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive treatment that makes skin look younger. As injectables like Botox and Sculptra grow more mainstream and popular, many prefer injectables over surgical procedures.
- Sculptra stimulates the body’s collagen and elastin production which naturally decreases as one ages.
- The results are gradual so some who feel self-conscious about procedures with more immediately dramatic results feel more comfortable with it.
- Most people resume their daily lives immediately, just taking a break from exercise and a few other activities.
- Results last as long as two years, possibly more.
- Sculptra often improves skin texture, facial volume, and elasticity in a subtle way.
- Many find that Sculptra restores more “youthful” contours and shape to their face as some of the lost volume fills back in.
- Some people also use Sculptra to fill in other areas of the body and smooth the skin in areas including the buttocks.
- Allergic reaction is unlikely which is why the main ingredient is commonly used in dissolvable stitches. Be sure and talk with your provider about any allergies and health issues you have to ensure a safe experience.
The Skin Center by Charlotte Plastic Surgery proudly serves Charlotte, NC area residents who want to put their best face forward. Schedule an appointment to explore your cosmetic options and to learn how you may also achieve younger-looking skin.