When you look in the mirror, do you feel that your face doesn’t look as filled out as it used to? Our face loses volume as we age, and our skin gets a little saggier. Some of today’s nonsurgical facial cosmetic treatments can help restore some of that lost volume. You may have heard of Sculptra Aesthetic which helps rejuvenate the skin. If you want to learn more about the Sculptra benefits, we are happy to help.
One intrinsic factor to the loss of plumpness and smoothness is decreased collagen production. It leads to a hollow or sunken appearance in the cheeks, temples, or around the eyes. Dermal fillers can fill that in and make it look more plump, but what if there was a way not just to mask these signs of aging but actually reverse and repair them?
Enter Sculptra Aesthetic, an FDA-approved injectable poly-L-lactic acid that works not just on the surface but deep within your skin to stimulate your body’s natural collagen synthesis. The result? A revitalized foundation for gradual volume restoration, leading to a more youthful, contoured aesthetic.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the science behind Sculptra and explore its potential benefits. Of course, no treatment is suitable for every individual. We would like to share a little information for you to use as a starting point when you schedule a consultation with a skilled cosmetic professional.
A Few Fundamentals About Sculptra
Sculptra Aesthetic is an FDA-approved injectable designed to help add volume to the face and augment features affected by facial fat loss. It’s made from a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid.
Its primary function is stimulating the body’s natural collagen synthesis and production. This, in turn, helps restore the skin’s deep, underlying structure. Patients also may find their overall skin quality and the look of their wrinkles improve.
People frequently use Sculptra to add fullness to the following areas:
- Cheeks – to fill them in, soften them, or redefine them
- Temples – to fill in hollows
- Jawline and chin – to redefine, fill in, or soften
- To fill in the nasolabial folds (mouth to chin/nose to mouth)
- Some people use it for off-label uses like the crepe arms and legs, buttocks, hands, or hip dips, and more.
Your provider will inject the treatment into the area of the face that you want to target. The placement and number of injections required vary depending on your aesthetic goals. Other factors include your facial anatomy and the amount of collagen lost.
Sometimes people ask how soon they will see results after their injection. Results take time. Instead, you should see significant improvements in facial features over time as new collagen continues to grow. The general result is a look of increased fullness in regions affected by volume deficits, wrinkling, or facial folds. Some people need one session, while others may want a few sessions to see the results they seek. Also, you can research Sculptra vs Juvederm to understand all your injectables options.
Benefits of Sculptra
While we already hinted at the benefits of Sculptra, there are a few specific things we would like to point out. Poly-L-lactic acid injections have been used both for facial rejuvenation and other medical procedures for many years. Back in 2004, Sculptra was approved by the FDA for the treatment of lipoatrophy in people living with HIV. In 2009, the FDA expanded its approval to include the cosmetic treatment of facial wrinkles and folds.
Here are some of the key benefits of Sculptra:
- Sculptra offers long-lasting results which can last up to two years or more.
- It stimulates your body’s collagen production; it doesn’t just fill in wrinkles or lines. This helps restore your skin’s structure as well as replace lost volume.
- Stimulates elastin production using the same process that naturally stimulates collagen production. Elastin keeps the skin flexible and elastic, resulting in firmer, more toned-looking skin from your youth.
- The changes with Sculptra occur gradually over time, resulting in a more natural-looking improvement.
- Sculptra can be used to treat a variety of areas, including deep lines, creases, and folds. It’s often used for cheek augmentation, to fill in hollow temples, and to improve overall facial volume.
- As an injectable treatment, Sculptra offers a nonsurgical alternative to more invasive procedures with minimal downtime.
- Since Sculptra’s primary function is to stimulate your body’s natural collagen synthesis, the results tend to look natural. Collagen is a key protein that keeps our skin youthful, firm, and smooth.
- Sculptra can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic concerns. It’s effective for adding volume to sunken or hollow areas of the face, improving the appearance of shallow to deep facial creases, and enhancing overall facial contour.
While Sculptra can offer significant benefits, it’s not suitable for everyone. Factors such as your overall health, skin condition, and specific aesthetic goals should be considered. Always consult with a qualified provider to determine whether it is right for you. Let your provider know about any allergies you have, current medical conditions, and symptoms.
Sculptra stands out as a unique solution in the world of the best anti-aging tips and treatments. It’s not just a quick fix but a long-term strategy that works with your body to restore facial volume and stimulate collagen production.
With results lasting up to two years, it’s a game-changer for those seeking a more youthful appearance without appearing like they’ve had work done, or for those who may have an autoimmune issue and sculptra filler would not be suitable.
Your Next Step: Schedule a Consultation
If you’re ready to embrace the benefits of Sculptra, don’t wait another day. Contact The Skin Center by CPS today. We are happy to go over any Sculptra injections questions you might have. During your consultation, your provider will discuss what to expect, show you pictures of actual results, and review your medical history to ensure it is right for you.
Our skilled providers are ready to guide you on your journey to rejuvenated, youthful-looking skin. We are part of the Charlotte Plastic Surgery family and share their commitment to excellence and service. If you are a candidate for Sculptra Charlotte NC resident who is interested in learning more about Sculptra, reach out to The Skin Center by CPS today!