Have you ever wondered, “can you improve your jawline?” The answer is probably yes. You can have a more sculpted, defined jawline without plastic surgery using Juvéderm® Volux™.
The hyaluronic acid gel injectable is FDA-cleared to add volume to the jawline for adults over 21 with “moderate to a severe loss of jawline definition.” While Volux™ was recently approved in July 2022, the Juvéderm® brand is well-established and brought to you by the same people that manufacture Botox®. Cosmetic injectables have made great strides in recent years.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body and in our skin. As we age, we produce less, but it works well as a cosmetic injectable that most people’s bodies react well to.
Please keep in mind this article is for your education and not a substitute for personalized care with a cosmetic medical professional. In our field, everything is customized to a patient’s specific needs and goals.
Benefits of Juvéderm Volux™
- The main benefit is a more sculpted jawline or chin without an invasive surgical procedure.
- Either a more youthful look, since we associate facial volume with youthfulness, or a more defined, sculpted look, which may help improve a “weak chin” or “weak jawline.”
- Little to No Downtime
- You may have tenderness where you were injected and mild bruising for a few days, but that varies by the person. Most people have no significant side effects.
- Your injection likely takes around twenty minutes, depending on how many syringes you need, and within the next couple of days, the filler settles.
- Since it is a dermal injection, the results are temporary and reversible. The FDA cleared it for one-year results, though some may still have noticeable results for up to two years. People metabolize dermal fillers at different rates.
- Results may be subtle or more dramatic, depending on your goals and how much filler is used.
- It is FDA-clear, meaning it is safe and effective for most people within the agency’s guidelines.
How Juvéderm Volux™ Works
You may ask how Juvéderm Volux is different from other dermal fillers. It is specially formulated to add structure to the lower face, so it makes more sense than a filler that may be used to fill wrinkles or folds. You see, the brand offers a range of injectables tailored to different needs. According to Juvéderm, the options include:
- Voluma® XC adds volume for lift and contour in cheeks and also improves the chin profile.
- Volbella® XC and Ultra XC both add plumpness and volume to the lips.
- Vollure® XC and Ultra Plus XC smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds around the nose and mouth like the nasolabial folds or “laugh lines.”
- Volux™ XC is a structural gel filler used to help improve jawline definition.
You can mix and match these fillers for your specific aesthetic goals. For example, someone may opt for Voluma to contour their cheeks and Volux™ for the chin to create a subtly more chiseled structure they want. Some request the treatment to restore some of the volumes lost with age, while others simply want a stronger, more chiseled-looking jawline.
Sometimes people ask how a gel-textured injection can make their chin or jaw more defined. The injection is subcutaneous or between the skin and bone of the lower jaw. It subtly adds volume in specific areas to visually add structure.
Most people see the results they want within a single treatment though some may need to build up the area with more than one treatment. Once in place, the results last one to two years, though we recommend touching it up before the filler is completely absorbed.
What to Expect During Your Injection
Before your injection, one of our nurses will meet with you to help you determine whether it is right for you. If so, your provider may be able to perform your injections during that same appointment. Be prepared to remove any makeup and follow any specific instructions afterward. For example, you may be asked not to lie down for at least three hours after your injection and to avoid strenuous exercise for the next day or two.
Most people don’t describe it as “painful.” Your provider may apply a topical numbing cream to the injection site, and most people find it no more painful than any other needle prick.
For best results, we recommend that you avoid drinking alcohol for a few days before your injection and take a break from unnecessary blood-thinning supplements like fish oil to minimize the risk of bruising.
Your Next Step to a Sculpted Jawline
If you want to put your best face forward, it’s crucial you seek treatment from a skilled injector. Our injectors are nurses with advanced training in cosmetic injections. Credentialed masters of their profession. They hold advanced certifications in facial anatomy, enhanced aesthetic skills, and a refined artistic sense of proportion. They are the best in their field.
Most people don’t know what is possible with today’s injectables. Fillers like Volux™ can strategically sculpt the chin and jawline. Sometimes neurotoxins like Botox® may be used to smooth expression lines, and fat loss injectables like Kybella® can help improve the look of a double chin. Often people know they want to enhance a specific area of their face, but the treatment they identify isn’t the one that best suits their needs. Your provider will help you navigate these options.
Be open about the medications and supplements you take, and your medical history as your provider asks these questions to ensure you will have great results and for your own safety. Serious side effects are rare but more likely for people with certain allergies and contraindications.
If you are looking for Juvéderm Volux Charlotte NC and are in search of a medispa with a proven track record, consider The Skin Center by CPS. We are part of the Charlotte Plastic Surgery family, and thereby share the same commitment to excellence, patient care, safety, and today’s most advanced cosmetic treatments.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment.